To find out about Visitor in Transit Visa UK, kindly read below.

Visitor in Transit visa

You might need a Visitor in Transit visa if you’re:

  • changing flights in the UK on your way to another country
  • going through UK border control, for example, to check in your luggage for a connecting flight
  • leaving the UK within 48 hours
  • not working or studying while in the UK

You do not need a transit visa if you have a valid:

If you are intending to stay for more than 48 hours then you must apply for a standard visitor visa.

Our firm is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).

So feel free to contact our firm of expert Immigration Solicitors in West London as they have dealt with not a few but many of the Visitor in Transit Visa UK applications.

Documents you need

To apply for a Visitor in Transit visa, you must have a current passport or other valid travel documents.

You need to provide evidence that you’re allowed to enter the country you’re travelling to, such as a:

  • residence permit
  • green card
  • valid visa

If you’re not a resident or national of the country you’re traveling to, you may need to explain why you’re going there. You may need to provide details of where you’re staying.

You may be asked to prove that your onward journey is booked or confirmed.

You can use evidence such as:

  • a flight booking email
  • printed tickets
  • confirmation from a travel agent

Your onward flight must be within 48 hours of your arrival in the UK.

Bring your visa and documents with you when you travel through the UK.

You need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken as part of your application.