To sponsor a skilled worker you need to apply for a Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence.

You need to submit an online application to the UKVI/Home Office, after submission of your application you must send the following documentation to UKVI:

a) A Submission sheet signed and dated by the authorising officer.

b) All the documentation stated on the submission sheet (originals or certified copies)

c) All these documents must be sent within 5 working days

It will take upto 8 weeks but you can apply for fast-track service as well.

Assigning of Skilled Worker Certificates of Sponsorship (COS)

Once you have been granted a skilled worker sponsor licence you can then assign a certificate of sponsorship (COS). You can assign a certificate of sponsorship to the migrants or a person who is already in the UK.

Your Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence will be valid for 4 years but it can be renewed online after 4 years.

Duties as a Skilled Worker Licenced Sponsor?

a) You need to maintain a track record/attendance or absence of the skilled worker

b) If the skilled worker is absent from work without your permission then you must notify the UKVI/Home Office

c) You should keep a copy of the Bio-Metric card of the Skilled worker

d) If the UKVI/Home Office request a copy of the bio-metric card of the skilled worker then you must provide it.

Skilled Worker Visa: Eligible Occupations and Codes

Why choose Asher & Tomar Solicitors: Our expert team of Immigration Solicitors who are serving since 2008 have dealt with lots of Sponsor Licence applications (apply for a sponsor licence) and have a proven track record to get you a sponsor licence.

Our expert team of Immigration Solicitors in London are dedicated to minimizing the harm and distress you may feel if you wish to submit your own application.