UK Family Law

Other Links

Non-Molestation Order

A Non-Molestation Order is aimed at preventing your partner or ex-partner from using or threatening violence against you or your child, or intimidation, harassing or pestering you, in order to ensure the health, safety and well-being of yourself and your children.

To apply for the non-molestation order you need to fill in application form FL401 and must attach your statement with the application form.

You can apply to obtain an exparte non-molestation order without notifying the same to the respondent, however once you obtain the non-molestation order then you must serve it onto the respondent within 3-7 days.

Under new legislation a breach of a non-molestation order is now a criminal offence.

Who is eligible to apply for a non-molestation order?

a)  You are or have been married to each other
b) You are have been in a civil partnership with each other
c) You are cohabitants or former cohabitants (including same sex couples)
d) You live or have lived in the same household
e) You are relatives
f) Although not living together, you are in “intimate relationship of significant duration”
g) You are both involved in the same family proceedings

If you want to apply to set aside or change a Non-Molestation Order then you need to complete form FL403.

Why Choose Asher & Tomar Solicitors:

Our team of expert Family Solicitors based in London and Cardiff can advise and represent you at the court to obtain an occupation order for you. 

Our expert Family Law Solicitors will endeavour to deliver the best outcome of your complex matter, and have dealt with numerous occupation order applications in the past. 

Enquiry Form

[contact-form-7 id=”2273″ title=”Untitled”]