UK Family Law

Other Links

EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU citizen, you and your family will be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. If your application is successful, you’ll get either settled or pre-settled status. If you have acquired indefinite leave to remain (ILR) already you do not need to apply. The rights and status of EU citizens living in the UK will remain the same until 30 June 2021.

The scheme will be rolled out fully on 30 March 2019. The deadline to apply is 30 June 2021, or 31 December 2020 if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. You can apply now if you’re eligible, but you’ll probably get pre-settled status rather than settled status if you do not currently have 5 years continuous residence’.

Who is Eligible?

If You’re an EU Citizen or Family Member or an EU Citizen, You’ll usually need to apply if you want to stay in the UK after 30 june 2021. This includes if you either:
. Were born in the UK but are not  a British Citizen 
. Are married to a British Citizen  and you are from the EU

You Don’t need to Apply if:

. You’re an Irish Citizen – your family members from outside either the  UK or Ireland will still need to apply

. You have indefinite leave to enter (ILE) the UK

. you have indefinite leave to enter (ILE) the UK

. you have indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK

Family Members of EEA national from outside the EU

. You must be in a relationship with an EU citizen as their spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner. You’ll need a  Residence Card to prove your relationship if you’re unmarried.

. You can also apply if you are related to an EU  citizen, their spouse or civil partner as their:

. Child, Grandchild, Great Grand Child under 21 years old

. Dependent Child over the age of 21
. Dependant Parent, Grandparent, Great Grandparent
. Depandant relative with a Residence Card  to Prove your Relationship 

What Status will you get

As a result of successful application under the EU  settlement scheme, You’ll be given  either:

. Settled Status
. Pre Settle Status

If You’re an EU Citizen , You’ll still be able to use your passport or identity card to enter the UK once you get Settled or Pre Settled status.  


Enquiry Form

[contact-form-7 id=”2273″ title=”Untitled”]