If an applicant is a parent, grandparent or a dependent of a relative settled in the UK, they are permitted to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

Other than partners or children below the age of 18, there are others who would be considered eligible candidates for settling in the UK. Some of these candidates are:

Grandparents or parents who are travelling together and where one of them is at least 65 years of age A widowed parent who is at least 65 years of age

Evidence to be furnished

Applicants would need to provide the following evidence for a dependency visa:

That they depend solely on the UK settled relative for financial and emotional support.
The UK relative has enough accommodation for the applicant as well as any dependents the applicant may bring to the UK.
The UK relative will be in exclusive possession of their home.
Neither the applicant nor the UK relative will seek financial aid from public funds.
The applicant has no close relatives in their home country that can be relied upon for support.
Certain candidates are permitted to join their settled relative under exceptional circumstances. These people can be in the relational capacity of:

Grandparents and parents who might be below the age of 65
Daughters, sons, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles above the age of 18.