You can apply for a Tier 5 temporary charity workers visa if you want to do unpaid voluntary work for a charity and you are outside the United Kingdom.

You can even get it extended within the country.

You must have a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor before you come to the UK.

The work you do in the UK must relate to the work of your sponsor organisation.

How long you can stay

You can stay for up to 12 months or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 28 days, whichever is shorter.

You can even bring your family with you as your dependent.

Eligibility Criteria

  1. You need to have £945 in your savings and you need to have had this in your savings for 90 days.
  • Certificate of sponsorship which must have a certificate number on it. The certificate of sponsorship is valid for 3 months.
  • Your sponsor can give you multiple entries so you can leave and return to the UK.

You can apply to Extend Tier 5 charity worker visa it within the United Kingdom.

You should apply before your Tier 5 charity workers visa expires.

You can stay for 12 months.

The application is online and you can able to add your dependents with you as well.

You are further required to enrol your biometrics and it may take up to 8 weeks, however, should you wish then you can avail the facility of super-priority service and you can able to get your decision next day, but the application fee is much higher (i.e. £800.00) than the normal application fees.  

Feel free to contact our expert team of immigration solicitors serving you since 2008. Our head office is based in London whilst the branch office is in Cardiff.