If you wish to apply for an ILR Adult Dependent Relative visa then you must be aware of the Immigration Rules.
What is Adult dependent Relative Visa?
An adult-dependent relative is a parent, grandparent, adult sibling, or child of a British citizen or someone settled in the UK who, as a result of age, illness or disability requires a level of long-term personal care.
Requirements for indefinite leave to remain as an adult dependent relative
Section R-ILRDR.1.1. The requirements to be met for indefinite leave to remain as an adult-dependent relative are that-
- (a) the applicant is in the UK;
- (b) the applicant must have made a valid application for indefinite leave to remain as an adult-dependent relative;
- (c) the applicant must not fall for refusal under any of the grounds in Section S-ILR: Suitability-indefinite leave to remain; and
- (d) the applicant must meet all of the requirements of Section E-ILRDR: Eligibility for indefinite leave to remain as an adult dependent relative.
E-ILRDR.1.1. To qualify for indefinite leave to remain as an adult-dependent relative all of the requirements of paragraphs E-ILRDR.1.2. to 1.5. must be met.
E-ILRDR.1.2. The applicant must be in the UK with valid leave to remain as an adult-dependent relative (except that, where paragraph 39E of these Rules applies, any current period of overstaying will be disregarded).
- E-ILRDR.1.3. The applicant’s sponsor must at the date of application be:
- (a) present and settled in the UK; or
- (b) in the UK with refugee leave or as a person with humanitarian protection, or in the UK with limited leave under Appendix EU in accordance with paragraph GEN.1.3.(d), and have made an application for indefinite leave to remain.
E-ILRDR.1.4. The applicant must provide evidence that they can be adequately maintained, accommodated and cared for in the UK by the sponsor without recourse to public funds.
E-ILRDR.1.5. The applicant must provide an undertaking signed by the sponsor confirming that the applicant will have no recourse to public funds and that the sponsor will be responsible for their maintenance, accommodation, and care, for a period ending 5 years from the date the applicant entered the UK with limited leave as an adult-dependent relative.
Should you wish to apply for an ILR Adult Dependent Relative then feel free to contact our team of expert Immigration Solicitors in London and Solicitors in Southall.
Our firm is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).