UK Family Law

EEA Family Permit

EEA Family Permit

UK, one of the leading immigration destinations of the world, offers a number of visas for its migrants. The UK Defacto visa allows an unmarried partner of a UK national to come to the UK if they have been in a committed relationship. This visa allows the EU national and any dependent children to come to the UK for at least 2 years. There are certain EEA Family Permit requirements that the non EU citizens have to fulfil to enter the country.

Meaning of EEA Family Permit

An EEA Family Permit is a legal document which allows non EU citizens to come to the UK. Permits are issued on the fulfilment of the below requirements:

Their EU partner must exercise their Treaty rights in the United Kingdom. Both partners must produce documentary evidence pertaining to having cohabitated together within the last 2 years. If a residency permit is not possessed by the EU partner or spouse, a joint application will need to be filed at the Home Office. There are certain conditions of the permit as highlighted below:

Whilst the visa is valid, an EEA Family Permit allows both partners to take any employment in the UK.
If the non-EU partner has spent 4 years and 11 month on an EEA Family Permit in the UK and they are still in a relationship with their EU partner, they become eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

EEA Family Permit has different kind of requirements for non-EU citizens who are outside the UK..

Enquiry Form

[contact-form-7 id=”2273″ title=”Untitled”]